Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Lately...


Ever since my junior year of college (i.e. when I moved off campus), I've started to really hate the snow. It's kind of a shame, because I have a lot of really happy memories of sledding with my neighbors when I was younger, but now, I just kinda hate it. I think I'd like it more if I lived in a place that was better prepared for the snow, but I don't. I live in the south. And since we don't get snow that often, when we do, it wrecks everything. Eeeeeeverything. And it's usually less than an inch of snow.

But this week, we got about eight inches. Eight! As it was coming down on Wednesday, I found myself constantly looking out the window, admiring how pretty it was. Granted, I was able to relax because we had plenty of food (and beer) and Garrett was able to get home before it got really bad. If he had been one of those people who had to abandon their cars on the highway, it'd probably be a different story. But he wasn't, so I'm grateful for that.
So MAYBE the snow cracked my cold, icy, snow-hating heart... maybe. Just a little bit. It was really pretty.
There's something really pretty and wonderful about the first footprints in the snow, right?

My dad ran a half marathon in Myrtle Beach on Saturday, and I seriously think it is the coolest thing. I mean, I couldn't run 13 miles? Could you?
Spending the weekend at the beach was lovely. It was still cold, but there wasn't a single snowflake to be seen. And it was awesome.

And as far as everything else goes, I'm still doing really classy stuff like drinking milk out of wine glasses while I eat girl scout cookies, and finding new, not-boring recipes online.
Some of our favorites have been sriracha honey chicken (add a little bit more honey), tortellini soup, and chicken and bacon wraps. I also made my first meatloaf and it was actually decent, so that was exciting.

What about you guys? What's new with you?

post signature

2 comments:

Kristin O said...

So over the snow but then again we have had 7 snow days already!!! I haven't been to work since last Wednesday. haha. It's going to suck when it's back to normal!! Sounds like you have been busy in the kitchen!!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I keep seeing all this snow on different blogs but outside it is still hot and I still need the air con going

Labels

#IHeartMyNailArt (1) Adulthood (2) Alyssa Said What? (2) April Fool's Day (1) Awards (2) BB Cream (1) Beauty and Skincare (3) Beer (1) Being That Guy (1) Blogging about Blogging (14) Bloggy Friends (5) Bravo (1) Bullying (1) Celebrities (4) China Glaze (1) Clothing (1) Cohabitating (1) Color Club (1) Confetti Friday (4) Dad (2) Dirty Sexy Politics (1) Dr Jart Skincare (1) Ella Fitzgerald (1) Entertainment (3) Essie (1) Family (6) Fathers Day (1) filibuster (1) Funny Stuff (1) Garrett (14) Giveaways (1) Guest Posts (1) Hall of Fame (10) Happy Things (2) Home Decor (2) Hope (1) Hot Topics (1) Inspiration (7) July (1) Kathryn (2) Kelly Blazek (1) Kelsey (1) Link Parties (6) Lists (1) Long Distance Relationships (1) Look Good (1) Mani Monday (2) Margaret Thatcher (1) Matthew Quick (1) Meghan McCain (1) Miley Cyrus (1) Millennials (1) Mom (1) Monday Thoughts (1) monthly recap (1) Mr Rogers (1) Nail Art (1) Nail Polish (2) NMB (2) Norfolk (1) OPI (1) Oscar Wilde (1) Outfit of the Day (1) Personal (18) Pictures of Me (3) Politics (2) Prince Harry (1) Quotes (8) Reaching My Goals (4) Real Life Friends (6) Reality Shows (3) Recipes (1) Relationship Thoughts (1) Sally Hansen (2) Shoes (1) Son of a Peach (1) Sponsors (1) Stevie (2) Stuff I Love (6) Sunday Currently (18) Sunday Musings (1) Sunday Social (1) Teen Mom (2) Texas (1) The Food Network Magazine (1) The Great Gatsby (1) The Office (3) The Real Housewives of New Jersey (1) The Silver Linings Playbook (1) The Wine Life (1) Thirsty Thursday Link-Up (2) Thursday Thoughts (5) Trayvon Martin (1) TV Shows I Love (6) Walgreens (1) Weekending (10) Weekly Roundup (24) Wendy Davis (1) Wesley (2) What I Read (2) What I Wish I Was Wearing (1) What I Wore (4)