Monday, January 6, 2014

A Very Long, Very Late Holiday Recap

So Christmas was what.. almost two weeks ago? And New Year's Eve was one week ago? That means it's a good time to just recap it all, right? Yes. Yes, I thought so.

The weekend before Christmas, we went to a Christmas party with some of Garrett's coworkers. And we looked awesome.

On Christmas Eve, we had my mom's family over to our apartment. I was nervous to squeeze ten people into our apartment, and there were several people sitting on the floor, but it went well. This might be the only posed picture we took all night, and it's officially one of my faves.

On Christmas Day, we headed to my grandparents house. My dad has two brothers and a sister, so there are always a ton of people there. This year, there were 26. It's always such a warm, loving environment, and I love being there at Christmastime. We were all off our picture game, but my brother got this candid picture of Garrett and me that I love. We have an actual ton of selfies, but not a lot of candids, so it's kinda special.
And this is my favorite niece, and my dad. You know, two more awesome people.

On the 27th, we were off to visit Garrett's parents. Since we don't see them that often, we stayed a few days. It's not often that Garrett, his two brothers, and their significant others are all in the same place at the same time, so naturally, we took some pictures. And naturally, we took approximately one million before we got a good one.

We also spent some time in Colonial Williamsburg, which I hadn't done since I was pretty young. My sister-in-law works there, so we were so legit. Too legit to quit.

We rounded out the holiday season doing... absolutely nothing for New Years Eve. We didn't get home from Virginia until about 5pm, and at that point, neither one of us felt like getting dressed up. So we poured some champagne, put on our pajamas, and spent the evening on our couch. I love both of our families dearly, but after a week of being away, it was nice to have a quiet night in our own home.

Tomorrow will be back to regularly scheduled posting. No, really. I promise. I PROMISE. The post is already typed! I'm going to be on the ball in 2014. Not a resolution, just a fact. Boom.

post signature

8 comments:

♥Renee @ •Getting Fit Fab• said...

Ah I just posted my Christmas yesterday... and Wednesday is my New Year's Eve recap. I have posts ready for this week too! I've gone SO off path.
Looks like you had a great Christmas and laid back NYE!♥

Duh! Danae said...

Okay that first picture is so cute and the rest are awesome!

Leslie said...

It looks like you guys had an absolutely perfect holiday season! And you guys reallyyyy did look awesome at the Christmas party - I love the tights!

Tracie Everyday said...

It looks like you had a ton of fun!

Tracie Everyday said...

It looks like you had a ton of fun!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Love your red legs, very nice and oh so slim unlike my legs which are shot and fat...........lol

C said...

So much fun and family! It sounds like a great time. I've ALWAYS wanted to visit Colonial Williamsburg!! I'm also really jealous of your hair. :)

Anonymous said...

It looks like so much fun! I absolutely love your outfit on the first picture!

x Angela
www.bouncingbrunette.wordpress.com

Labels

#IHeartMyNailArt (1) Adulthood (2) Alyssa Said What? (2) April Fool's Day (1) Awards (2) BB Cream (1) Beauty and Skincare (3) Beer (1) Being That Guy (1) Blogging about Blogging (14) Bloggy Friends (5) Bravo (1) Bullying (1) Celebrities (4) China Glaze (1) Clothing (1) Cohabitating (1) Color Club (1) Confetti Friday (4) Dad (2) Dirty Sexy Politics (1) Dr Jart Skincare (1) Ella Fitzgerald (1) Entertainment (3) Essie (1) Family (6) Fathers Day (1) filibuster (1) Funny Stuff (1) Garrett (14) Giveaways (1) Guest Posts (1) Hall of Fame (10) Happy Things (2) Home Decor (2) Hope (1) Hot Topics (1) Inspiration (7) July (1) Kathryn (2) Kelly Blazek (1) Kelsey (1) Link Parties (6) Lists (1) Long Distance Relationships (1) Look Good (1) Mani Monday (2) Margaret Thatcher (1) Matthew Quick (1) Meghan McCain (1) Miley Cyrus (1) Millennials (1) Mom (1) Monday Thoughts (1) monthly recap (1) Mr Rogers (1) Nail Art (1) Nail Polish (2) NMB (2) Norfolk (1) OPI (1) Oscar Wilde (1) Outfit of the Day (1) Personal (18) Pictures of Me (3) Politics (2) Prince Harry (1) Quotes (8) Reaching My Goals (4) Real Life Friends (6) Reality Shows (3) Recipes (1) Relationship Thoughts (1) Sally Hansen (2) Shoes (1) Son of a Peach (1) Sponsors (1) Stevie (2) Stuff I Love (6) Sunday Currently (18) Sunday Musings (1) Sunday Social (1) Teen Mom (2) Texas (1) The Food Network Magazine (1) The Great Gatsby (1) The Office (3) The Real Housewives of New Jersey (1) The Silver Linings Playbook (1) The Wine Life (1) Thirsty Thursday Link-Up (2) Thursday Thoughts (5) Trayvon Martin (1) TV Shows I Love (6) Walgreens (1) Weekending (10) Weekly Roundup (24) Wendy Davis (1) Wesley (2) What I Read (2) What I Wish I Was Wearing (1) What I Wore (4)