Friday, May 3, 2013

                               

 This week, I: 
decided to hop on Jenni's blog every day in May challenge. Hopefully I can keep on it! We're off to a good start! I also fell in love with a vacuum cleaner, and promptly had a quarter life crisis about it. (Stevie assured me that this was normal and okay.)
I contemplated a blog makeover, and participated in a few other link-ups. I love reading Lauren's blog (fellow NC people WHATUP), and I love doing the Sunday Currently. Sunday is my favorite day, and talking about it always makes me happy.

If you're like me, you've diagnosed yourself on WebMD at least once twice twenty times. The Frisky breaks down an online self-diagnosis, gif by gif.
Are you a parent? Do your kids ever do creepy things? Anything creepier than the things kids have said on this Reddit thread?
If you spend a lot of time in coffee shops like I do, you'll appreciate this article on the 13 kinds of people you'll see in a coffee shop on The Frisky. Also, I loved Sex and the City, but I'm glad I'm not like Carrie Bradshaw. Aren't you?

Jason Collins is officially the first openly gay athlete currently playing a major American sport. I applaud him for his courage and his willingness to create an environment where all athletes can be honest about their sexuality. His essay is long, but I encourage you to read it if you haven't already. (Fun fact: he played in high school with Jason Segel!)
Marissa Mayer, who has been kicking butt and taking names since she took over Yahoo! last year, has extended Yahoo!'s parental leave policies for new parents to 16 weeks for new moms, 8 weeks for new dads, and a $500 allowance for groceries or daipers or whatever. Kudos to her, and hopefully other companies (or THIS ENTIRE COUNTRY) will follow suit. We HAVE to fix our horrible, antiquated maternity leave policies.
Got a horrible coworker or a pessimistic friend? Be careful, because negative thoughts are contagious! And finally, did you know a county in Georgia is still having segregated proms? Seriously. In 2013. But this year, after some dedicated students put in some serious work, they had their first integrated prom since 1964.

Garrett is here! That's all I need to say about that, right?
I'm getting a makeover at Sephora tomorrow. I got VIB status about two years ago, and as far as I'm concerned, this is one of the main benefits. 
Miriam's birthday. One of my favorite blogger friends is turning 30 next week, and her party is tomorrow! I'm pretty freakin' excited.
Kelsey is in town! Kelsey is in town from Baltimore with some of her friends for a wedding, so we're going to grab a quick lunch with them... sometime. This weekend is going to be so hectic, man. 

Have a good weekend everyone!!!! xox

2 comments:

Stevie C said...

I love this weekly roundup. I also love your blog colors. So, so much.

Lauren said...

What a cute idea! I can't wait to catch up on everything you linked to!

Labels

#IHeartMyNailArt (1) Adulthood (2) Alyssa Said What? (2) April Fool's Day (1) Awards (2) BB Cream (1) Beauty and Skincare (3) Beer (1) Being That Guy (1) Blogging about Blogging (14) Bloggy Friends (5) Bravo (1) Bullying (1) Celebrities (4) China Glaze (1) Clothing (1) Cohabitating (1) Color Club (1) Confetti Friday (4) Dad (2) Dirty Sexy Politics (1) Dr Jart Skincare (1) Ella Fitzgerald (1) Entertainment (3) Essie (1) Family (6) Fathers Day (1) filibuster (1) Funny Stuff (1) Garrett (14) Giveaways (1) Guest Posts (1) Hall of Fame (10) Happy Things (2) Home Decor (2) Hope (1) Hot Topics (1) Inspiration (7) July (1) Kathryn (2) Kelly Blazek (1) Kelsey (1) Link Parties (6) Lists (1) Long Distance Relationships (1) Look Good (1) Mani Monday (2) Margaret Thatcher (1) Matthew Quick (1) Meghan McCain (1) Miley Cyrus (1) Millennials (1) Mom (1) Monday Thoughts (1) monthly recap (1) Mr Rogers (1) Nail Art (1) Nail Polish (2) NMB (2) Norfolk (1) OPI (1) Oscar Wilde (1) Outfit of the Day (1) Personal (18) Pictures of Me (3) Politics (2) Prince Harry (1) Quotes (8) Reaching My Goals (4) Real Life Friends (6) Reality Shows (3) Recipes (1) Relationship Thoughts (1) Sally Hansen (2) Shoes (1) Son of a Peach (1) Sponsors (1) Stevie (2) Stuff I Love (6) Sunday Currently (18) Sunday Musings (1) Sunday Social (1) Teen Mom (2) Texas (1) The Food Network Magazine (1) The Great Gatsby (1) The Office (3) The Real Housewives of New Jersey (1) The Silver Linings Playbook (1) The Wine Life (1) Thirsty Thursday Link-Up (2) Thursday Thoughts (5) Trayvon Martin (1) TV Shows I Love (6) Walgreens (1) Weekending (10) Weekly Roundup (24) Wendy Davis (1) Wesley (2) What I Read (2) What I Wish I Was Wearing (1) What I Wore (4)