Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Excessive laughter in room 311

So, my grandpa has been in the hospital for the last 48 hours. Nothing alarming. He has cancer, and his blood counts were low after his last chemo treatment. Normally they don't even admit people who are just getting a transfusion, but the blood transfused (I'm no doctor, okay? go with it.) until about midnight, so they just let him stay overnight. And then today, he was having more tests done for something else. There's a lot going on, but nothing life threatening.

Anyway, my grandpa is such a ham. He will talk to anyone, and he always has a good attitude. Even though he's 79, he's always been very active and social, but the chemo has just exhausted him (as it does to most), and that's been hard on him.

Yesterday, while he was getting settled in his room and the nurse was asking about his medications and all that, they asked him if he had gotten a pneumonia shot before, because it wasn't on his chart anywhere. He said he did, but the nurse asked if he was sure, and of course, he goes "I know I've gotten a pneumonia shot, because I got it in my butt and I REMEMBER a shot I got in my butt!" He was laughing, not yelling, of course. My mother was mortified. I couldn't stop laughing. After that, every time the nurse walked back into the room, she'd start off with "don't worry, I'm not going to give you a shot in your butt!"

My family is far from perfect, but we can find laughter in preeeetttttttty much anything. And I love that about us.

1 comment:

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...

I hope he's feeling better! And that is a great story! He seems like a pretty funny guy!

Labels

#IHeartMyNailArt (1) Adulthood (2) Alyssa Said What? (2) April Fool's Day (1) Awards (2) BB Cream (1) Beauty and Skincare (3) Beer (1) Being That Guy (1) Blogging about Blogging (14) Bloggy Friends (5) Bravo (1) Bullying (1) Celebrities (4) China Glaze (1) Clothing (1) Cohabitating (1) Color Club (1) Confetti Friday (4) Dad (2) Dirty Sexy Politics (1) Dr Jart Skincare (1) Ella Fitzgerald (1) Entertainment (3) Essie (1) Family (6) Fathers Day (1) filibuster (1) Funny Stuff (1) Garrett (14) Giveaways (1) Guest Posts (1) Hall of Fame (10) Happy Things (2) Home Decor (2) Hope (1) Hot Topics (1) Inspiration (7) July (1) Kathryn (2) Kelly Blazek (1) Kelsey (1) Link Parties (6) Lists (1) Long Distance Relationships (1) Look Good (1) Mani Monday (2) Margaret Thatcher (1) Matthew Quick (1) Meghan McCain (1) Miley Cyrus (1) Millennials (1) Mom (1) Monday Thoughts (1) monthly recap (1) Mr Rogers (1) Nail Art (1) Nail Polish (2) NMB (2) Norfolk (1) OPI (1) Oscar Wilde (1) Outfit of the Day (1) Personal (18) Pictures of Me (3) Politics (2) Prince Harry (1) Quotes (8) Reaching My Goals (4) Real Life Friends (6) Reality Shows (3) Recipes (1) Relationship Thoughts (1) Sally Hansen (2) Shoes (1) Son of a Peach (1) Sponsors (1) Stevie (2) Stuff I Love (6) Sunday Currently (18) Sunday Musings (1) Sunday Social (1) Teen Mom (2) Texas (1) The Food Network Magazine (1) The Great Gatsby (1) The Office (3) The Real Housewives of New Jersey (1) The Silver Linings Playbook (1) The Wine Life (1) Thirsty Thursday Link-Up (2) Thursday Thoughts (5) Trayvon Martin (1) TV Shows I Love (6) Walgreens (1) Weekending (10) Weekly Roundup (24) Wendy Davis (1) Wesley (2) What I Read (2) What I Wish I Was Wearing (1) What I Wore (4)