Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thursday Thoughts


Linking up with these lovely ladies today because MAN do I have some thoughts!

Yesterday, I was talking to several of my friends about a pretty well-known blogger over on Tumblr. I think this girl is absolutely fantastic - she always looks great and she puts out great content (she has two daughters that I just LOVE reading about). The thing I like best about her though is that she is ALWAYS positive. I know her life isn't perfect, but she only chooses to highlight the good things in her life, whether they're huge (her daughter starting preschool) or small (being happy about using a bright pink pen instead of a boring black one). 

At one point during the conversation, one of my friends (who I really love) said "I just wish she'd post about something bad that happened to her EVER. Just once. Then she'd seem real to me." And it really got me thinking. So much so that 36 hours later, I'm still thinking about it.

I started thinking about the ins and outs of blogging. It's easy to get caught up in reading about other people's lives. I love it. I love being able to share my life with all the awesome people in the blogosphere. I know no one's lives are completely void of problems, 

One of my main goals for this blog was to not complain on it - ever. For several reasons - one, what does it accomplish? Nothing, right? And two, does it make me feel better? Not usually. And that's not to say I think my life is perfect - it's far from it. And I do my share of complaining to my close friends, my parents, and Garrett.

So back to what my friend said - do we, as women, owe some negativity to each other to make ourselves seem real? I don't think we do. I think the world is full of crappy, awful things, and I'd much rather focus on all the great things. We're all smart enough to know that no one's life is perfect, right?

I'm sure I'll complain about something on here eventually. I think that's part of being part of a community: you see the good, and eventually you see the bad, too. And after all, I'm only human, right?

But until then, I'm going to work really hard to post happy, positive things on here, and I look forward  to reading about all the happy, positive things that happen in your lives too. That's what it's all about anyway, isn't it?


2 comments:

Jaime said...

I have to agree with you on this point! The world has enough negativity, we don't need to express/add ours to it. However, I do understand what your friend was saying. Sometimes I feel as though everyone in Bloggy-land is happy happy happy all the time. Let's get real guys haha.

Great post! Thanks for linking up today :)

Jaime
http://tobystailsblog.blogspot.com

Alyssa said...

It's soooo true! There's definitely a fine line between staying positive and being like "oh come ON people!!!" Ha.

Labels

#IHeartMyNailArt (1) Adulthood (2) Alyssa Said What? (2) April Fool's Day (1) Awards (2) BB Cream (1) Beauty and Skincare (3) Beer (1) Being That Guy (1) Blogging about Blogging (14) Bloggy Friends (5) Bravo (1) Bullying (1) Celebrities (4) China Glaze (1) Clothing (1) Cohabitating (1) Color Club (1) Confetti Friday (4) Dad (2) Dirty Sexy Politics (1) Dr Jart Skincare (1) Ella Fitzgerald (1) Entertainment (3) Essie (1) Family (6) Fathers Day (1) filibuster (1) Funny Stuff (1) Garrett (14) Giveaways (1) Guest Posts (1) Hall of Fame (10) Happy Things (2) Home Decor (2) Hope (1) Hot Topics (1) Inspiration (7) July (1) Kathryn (2) Kelly Blazek (1) Kelsey (1) Link Parties (6) Lists (1) Long Distance Relationships (1) Look Good (1) Mani Monday (2) Margaret Thatcher (1) Matthew Quick (1) Meghan McCain (1) Miley Cyrus (1) Millennials (1) Mom (1) Monday Thoughts (1) monthly recap (1) Mr Rogers (1) Nail Art (1) Nail Polish (2) NMB (2) Norfolk (1) OPI (1) Oscar Wilde (1) Outfit of the Day (1) Personal (18) Pictures of Me (3) Politics (2) Prince Harry (1) Quotes (8) Reaching My Goals (4) Real Life Friends (6) Reality Shows (3) Recipes (1) Relationship Thoughts (1) Sally Hansen (2) Shoes (1) Son of a Peach (1) Sponsors (1) Stevie (2) Stuff I Love (6) Sunday Currently (18) Sunday Musings (1) Sunday Social (1) Teen Mom (2) Texas (1) The Food Network Magazine (1) The Great Gatsby (1) The Office (3) The Real Housewives of New Jersey (1) The Silver Linings Playbook (1) The Wine Life (1) Thirsty Thursday Link-Up (2) Thursday Thoughts (5) Trayvon Martin (1) TV Shows I Love (6) Walgreens (1) Weekending (10) Weekly Roundup (24) Wendy Davis (1) Wesley (2) What I Read (2) What I Wish I Was Wearing (1) What I Wore (4)