Monday, April 29, 2013


I'm revamping the way I do my weekly gratitudes to encompass more stuff on my blog. I'm still keeping the confetti theme, because I kinda love it, but I'm also going to recap what happened on the blog this week, as well as things that I've read (or laughed at) around the internets.

I'm also posting this one way, way late because last week was absolutely insane. Better late than never, right? Right?!?!


The most excited part of last week was Garrett's 33rd birthday! We got to relax and drink lots of wine. and ate a lot of cupcakes. All were much needed. Garrett's dad underwent two heart surgeries last week, but he's doing much better now, and should be out of the hospital by the end of the week. Thanks for all of your thoughts and kind words! I co-hosted my first link-up on Thursday with Jamie and Jaime, and that was just as great as I thought it would be.

Unintended consequences of the Boston Lockdown? Getting stuck in a one night stand. Yikes.
The Onion told us about a plan to introduce brunch in wealthy schools.
So, you call yourself a serious blogger? If so, you should read this. Actually, read it even if you don't.
Want to know why how the environment got ruined and why we're all broke? Utne breaks it down, gif by gif. (Warning: language.)
Also, Tumblr provided the best gif of all the gifs last week, so obviously I have to share:
(That's exactly how I relax on Friday nights, too.)

Did you watch the White House Correspondents Dinner? If you didn't, here's a recap, including video clips. Watch them, you won't regret it. 
Did you have an American Girl doll when you were younger? I did, and I loved her, so when I saw this article on The Atlantic about how they weren't radical anymore, I was intrigued. And you know what? They're right. What can we do to change that?

Wawa macaroni and cheese. We don't have Wawas here, so I have to get my fix in when I'm in Virginia. This week I had it THREE TIMES by accident. Don't judge me, it was right beside the hospital and so convenient. And so, so good.
Music for a Sunday Evening in the Park. Greensboro released their MUSEP schedule, and I am so, so excited!!! I love my city.


Okay, from now on, I promise to always get these out on Fridays from now on! Thanks for sticking with me. =)

1 comment:

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...

Love the new format! And that gif is amazing, I loled. Where did you find it?

Labels

#IHeartMyNailArt (1) Adulthood (2) Alyssa Said What? (2) April Fool's Day (1) Awards (2) BB Cream (1) Beauty and Skincare (3) Beer (1) Being That Guy (1) Blogging about Blogging (14) Bloggy Friends (5) Bravo (1) Bullying (1) Celebrities (4) China Glaze (1) Clothing (1) Cohabitating (1) Color Club (1) Confetti Friday (4) Dad (2) Dirty Sexy Politics (1) Dr Jart Skincare (1) Ella Fitzgerald (1) Entertainment (3) Essie (1) Family (6) Fathers Day (1) filibuster (1) Funny Stuff (1) Garrett (14) Giveaways (1) Guest Posts (1) Hall of Fame (10) Happy Things (2) Home Decor (2) Hope (1) Hot Topics (1) Inspiration (7) July (1) Kathryn (2) Kelly Blazek (1) Kelsey (1) Link Parties (6) Lists (1) Long Distance Relationships (1) Look Good (1) Mani Monday (2) Margaret Thatcher (1) Matthew Quick (1) Meghan McCain (1) Miley Cyrus (1) Millennials (1) Mom (1) Monday Thoughts (1) monthly recap (1) Mr Rogers (1) Nail Art (1) Nail Polish (2) NMB (2) Norfolk (1) OPI (1) Oscar Wilde (1) Outfit of the Day (1) Personal (18) Pictures of Me (3) Politics (2) Prince Harry (1) Quotes (8) Reaching My Goals (4) Real Life Friends (6) Reality Shows (3) Recipes (1) Relationship Thoughts (1) Sally Hansen (2) Shoes (1) Son of a Peach (1) Sponsors (1) Stevie (2) Stuff I Love (6) Sunday Currently (18) Sunday Musings (1) Sunday Social (1) Teen Mom (2) Texas (1) The Food Network Magazine (1) The Great Gatsby (1) The Office (3) The Real Housewives of New Jersey (1) The Silver Linings Playbook (1) The Wine Life (1) Thirsty Thursday Link-Up (2) Thursday Thoughts (5) Trayvon Martin (1) TV Shows I Love (6) Walgreens (1) Weekending (10) Weekly Roundup (24) Wendy Davis (1) Wesley (2) What I Read (2) What I Wish I Was Wearing (1) What I Wore (4)