So, Garrett and I have been living together for just over a month now. And while it hasn't been all rainbows and sprinkles, it's been pretty freakin' great.
I mean, if I'm being honest, a lot of it's looked like this:
Being almost-married to a teacher is no joke. Obviously, living with one isn't nearly as hard as actually being one, but it ain't easy, man. There are days where he doesn't get home until 6 o'clock... on Tuesday, he didn't get home until almost 7:30. The instructional day ends at 3:30, you remember. When he does get home, he's obviously exhausted. We make dinner, watch an episode of The Newsroom, and go to bed before 11pm. All of you people who have been married/living with your people forever are like "...yeah, so?" but for me, it's taking some getting used to.
Of course, that doesn't mean that I regret us moving in together. This is what we've always been looking forward to, and I couldn't be more thankful. Coming home to him every day (or being at home when he gets home) is the coolest thing in the world.
There are other perks, too:
- I always have someone to put lotion on the places I can't reach, like my back.
- I always have someone to try new recipes on (because I know Garrett will eat anything.
- I have an excuse to actually TRY new recipes.
- If I buy a bag of candy and it all disappears in 24 hours, there's someone to share the blame with.
- There's always someone to watch movies with.
- There's always someone to fix whatever household item I broke.
- Garrett always makes the coffee in the morning.
- Also, he always makes breakfast on the weekends.
- I have someone to proofread blog posts/bounce ideas off of.
- Unlimited back scratches.
- Also unlimited snuggles.
But there are downsides:
- There's someone to judge the things I DVR. "Do you need all these episodes of The Real World?" YES. YES I DO.
- I have to share my candy.
- Laundry accumulates much faster.
- So do dirty dishes.
- Garrett talks in his sleep.
- And he steals my pillows.
- And last night, he hit me. In his sleep. (not hard. and it was an accident, of course.)
- I think that's it.
I think the positives DEFINITELY outweigh the negatives, don't you? Moving in together was pretty much the best thing I ever did. Besides agreeing to go on a date with him. And starting this blog. And getting an apartment with a balcony. And starting New Girl on Netflix. But mostly the moving in thing, for sure.
#IHeartMyNailArt (1) Adulthood (2) Alyssa Said What? (2) April Fool's Day (1) Awards (2) BB Cream (1) Beauty and Skincare (3) Beer (1) Being That Guy (1) Blogging about Blogging (14) Bloggy Friends (5) Bravo (1) Bullying (1) Celebrities (4) China Glaze (1) Clothing (1) Cohabitating (1) Color Club (1) Confetti Friday (4) Dad (2) Dirty Sexy Politics (1) Dr Jart Skincare (1) Ella Fitzgerald (1) Entertainment (3) Essie (1) Family (6) Fathers Day (1) filibuster (1) Funny Stuff (1) Garrett (14) Giveaways (1) Guest Posts (1) Hall of Fame (10) Happy Things (2) Home Decor (2) Hope (1) Hot Topics (1) Inspiration (7) July (1) Kathryn (2) Kelly Blazek (1) Kelsey (1) Link Parties (6) Lists (1) Long Distance Relationships (1) Look Good (1) Mani Monday (2) Margaret Thatcher (1) Matthew Quick (1) Meghan McCain (1) Miley Cyrus (1) Millennials (1) Mom (1) Monday Thoughts (1) monthly recap (1) Mr Rogers (1) Nail Art (1) Nail Polish (2) NMB (2) Norfolk (1) OPI (1) Oscar Wilde (1) Outfit of the Day (1) Personal (18) Pictures of Me (3) Politics (2) Prince Harry (1) Quotes (8) Reaching My Goals (4) Real Life Friends (6) Reality Shows (3) Recipes (1) Relationship Thoughts (1) Sally Hansen (2) Shoes (1) Son of a Peach (1) Sponsors (1) Stevie (2) Stuff I Love (6) Sunday Currently (18) Sunday Musings (1) Sunday Social (1) Teen Mom (2) Texas (1) The Food Network Magazine (1) The Great Gatsby (1) The Office (3) The Real Housewives of New Jersey (1) The Silver Linings Playbook (1) The Wine Life (1) Thirsty Thursday Link-Up (2) Thursday Thoughts (5) Trayvon Martin (1) TV Shows I Love (6) Walgreens (1) Weekending (10) Weekly Roundup (24) Wendy Davis (1) Wesley (2) What I Read (2) What I Wish I Was Wearing (1) What I Wore (4)