Friday, October 4, 2013

Gotta get down on Friday.....??? Yes? No? No.


So, uh, this whole government shutdown thing is happening. It's REALLY happening. I love reading all of your thoughts about it, even if I disagree. If you need a refresher on how to disagree with someone, feel free to read my post about not being That Guy. (Hint: calling someone ignorant in the comments section is not the way to do it. I saw that at least three times this week and that is NOT OKAY, okay?)
I got to see Kelsey on Tuesday, so that was fun! She brought us our couch cover, and we got lunch and did a little shopping. Last night, we went to get one of my favorite fall beers at a bar in Greensboro and we ran into one of my good friends from college! What a good week for friends.
In case you missed it on the blog this week, we talked about going to bed angry, decorating our house, and I showed you our coffee table. Really riveting stuff, you know.
Also, do you like money and ad space? Go win $100 to celebrate Jenn's birthday today, and be on the lookout for Katie's ad space giveaway that starts on Monday! 

It's from 2011, but I thought this article about how your american girl doll shaped the rest of your life was hilarious(ly accurate.) So is this infographic on what your favorite beer says about you. In case you're planning on quitting your job soon, here's one way you could quit. Amazing. And for your weekly millennial article, Elizabeth Wurtzel got all ranty last week about how awful we are. Liz, I don't think we're the awful ones here. Ya dig?

So, a few weeks ago I talked about how I was willing to let the stupid, stupid things that Miley was doing slide because she's young and dumb and that's kind of how things go. Well, I'm over it. Not even a week ago, she talked about she pulled inspiration from Sinead O'Conner for her wrecking ball video. Well, this week, Sinead O'Conner wrote a letter to Miley, warning her against everything that she's doing right now. Naturally, Miley responded in the most childish, arrogant, unacceptable way ever. Yo, Miley: if you want to be seen as a "bad bitch" instead of just.. a bitch, maybe you should stop. Just stop everything. Because you are the worst.
If you're like me, you probably stopped watching Glee after the second season. I used to LOVE it, and it makes me sad that I don't anymore. I'll definitely be watching next week for Cory Monteith's tribute, though. Watch the preview for next week and read Ryan Murphy's thoughts about it here.
Just in case you need the government shutdown explained to you, there are two very easy to understand (and hilarious) explanations here and here. You're welcome.

I bought Essie Cashmere Bathrobe yesterday and I'm so excited to paint my nails this afternoon! We have game night tonight with Garrett's family and a birthday party tomorrow night with my family. I finally found a pumpkin spice coffee creamer that I love. We found some cute new vases at Marshall's the other night for less than ten bucks. It's Friiiiiiiday!

Have a good weekend!

post signature

1 comment:

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

Haha love it! I had a Kirsten doll :) Happy weekend!

Labels

#IHeartMyNailArt (1) Adulthood (2) Alyssa Said What? (2) April Fool's Day (1) Awards (2) BB Cream (1) Beauty and Skincare (3) Beer (1) Being That Guy (1) Blogging about Blogging (14) Bloggy Friends (5) Bravo (1) Bullying (1) Celebrities (4) China Glaze (1) Clothing (1) Cohabitating (1) Color Club (1) Confetti Friday (4) Dad (2) Dirty Sexy Politics (1) Dr Jart Skincare (1) Ella Fitzgerald (1) Entertainment (3) Essie (1) Family (6) Fathers Day (1) filibuster (1) Funny Stuff (1) Garrett (14) Giveaways (1) Guest Posts (1) Hall of Fame (10) Happy Things (2) Home Decor (2) Hope (1) Hot Topics (1) Inspiration (7) July (1) Kathryn (2) Kelly Blazek (1) Kelsey (1) Link Parties (6) Lists (1) Long Distance Relationships (1) Look Good (1) Mani Monday (2) Margaret Thatcher (1) Matthew Quick (1) Meghan McCain (1) Miley Cyrus (1) Millennials (1) Mom (1) Monday Thoughts (1) monthly recap (1) Mr Rogers (1) Nail Art (1) Nail Polish (2) NMB (2) Norfolk (1) OPI (1) Oscar Wilde (1) Outfit of the Day (1) Personal (18) Pictures of Me (3) Politics (2) Prince Harry (1) Quotes (8) Reaching My Goals (4) Real Life Friends (6) Reality Shows (3) Recipes (1) Relationship Thoughts (1) Sally Hansen (2) Shoes (1) Son of a Peach (1) Sponsors (1) Stevie (2) Stuff I Love (6) Sunday Currently (18) Sunday Musings (1) Sunday Social (1) Teen Mom (2) Texas (1) The Food Network Magazine (1) The Great Gatsby (1) The Office (3) The Real Housewives of New Jersey (1) The Silver Linings Playbook (1) The Wine Life (1) Thirsty Thursday Link-Up (2) Thursday Thoughts (5) Trayvon Martin (1) TV Shows I Love (6) Walgreens (1) Weekending (10) Weekly Roundup (24) Wendy Davis (1) Wesley (2) What I Read (2) What I Wish I Was Wearing (1) What I Wore (4)