But there are things that you can't pick up from a blog, no matter how "yourself" you are. There are always little things about people, the quirky parts of their personality, that you don't get through a computer screen. And it's a shame, because the quirks are what make you relatable and real and adorable and amazing.
(the fact that I'm riding a rhinoceros in this picture is mostly irrelevant. Just go with it.)
1) I tend to speak in hyperbole. Example: "I bought sugar-free pumpkin spice creamer instead of regular. This is a nightmare." (That really happened, by the way. It was awful. Sugar free anything is the devil's handiwork and anyone who tells you different is a liar.)
2) I talk with my hands. Always. I wave them around and carry on and generally make a scene. I've broken things (by accident, of course) because of it.
3) My facial expressions are out of control. I don't have to tell you what I'm thinking because you can always read it on my face. Sometimes, Garrett has to remind me that, um, I don't have my sunglasses on and people can see that I'm giving them the stinkface. (Exhibits A-G)
4) I tap on the bridge of my nose with my pointer and middle fingers when I'm thinking about something. I didn't realize I did it until Garrett and I started dating and he pointed it out.
5) I don't like to have the volume on my TV or my radio on a prime number. Not an odd number, just a prime number. I know. I know.
6) I hate washing dishes. I hate hate HATE it. Because of this, I am a PRO at stuffing as many things as possible into the dishwasher. It is nothing short of a talent and I'm darn proud of it.
7) I say dude a lot. Like... a lot. More than any adult woman should.
8) I hate the words "gal" and "beaut." There's no reasoning here, but if you ever say "She's such a great gal" or "that painting is a beaut!" or "that gal is such a beaut!" I promise I'll be cursing you in my head. Sorry.
9) Germs don't freak me out... at all. If I drop a Dorito on the floor, I will pick it up and eat it 100% of the time. I usually don't use toilet covers or squat... I put my bare booty right on the toilet seat. (Sorry, Mom.) I'll drink after pretty much anyone. (It's worth noting that I almost never get sick. #knockonwood)
10) I drive a 2004 Honda Accord. Her name is Holly the Honda, but I don't call her by her name that often. Really, only when something bad happens. Like 2011, when I got rear-ended by an off-duty police officer. Holly the Honda sustained $1800 in damage. Oh man, what a story.
So what do you think? Are you judging me now? Are you questioning why we're blogfriends? Are you nodding along, saying "omg, me too!" Hopefully it's the latter.