Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Lately...

I've been slacking on all blog-related responsibilities lately. I thought I was going to make it through the summer without falling off the wagon, but oh well. I mean, I did post on Sunday, but my Sunday posts are so easy and formulaic and don't require any thought, you know? Totally easy.

I didn't post anything yesterday because the last 36 hours have been a disaster of the most epic proportions. Everything is starting to straighten out now, but man, it's been rough around here. Any time i started to think about a blog post, I closed my computer in like... a minute.

Thanks to everyone who had kind words about my grandfather... things took a turn for the much worse, but have now taken a turn for much, much better. He has a spot on his brain (in addition to the cancer he already had) that was causing swelling around his brain, which was causing slurred speech and blurred vision and lots of nausea. Now that they know what it is and how to treat it, he'll be in a hospital-like treatment facility for the next few weeks. It's still hard, but things are getting better.

In other life-related updates, Garrett and I thought we found an apartment, but the only available unit in the complex we love has a bit of a smokey smell, and we're not too keen on it. So now our options are to 1) get a two bedroom in the same complex (two bedrooms would be great, but much more $$$) 2) wait until an acceptable 1 bedroom opens up (we have places to stay until we find an apt, but waiting? ugh.) or 3) finding a new apartment complex. We both really, really liked this place, but we're not sure how to proceed at this point. I'll obviously keep you posted.

Also, I found out last week that one of my best friends, Jenna, reads my blog! Yeah, that's right... real people have started to discover me here, and you know what? I'm still breathing, and the world is still standing. Imagine that, right? Cuh-raziness. Anyway, hi Jenna!!!!!! I know exactly what you were thinking when you were reading about the apartment smelling like smoke, and I'm totally with you.

I think that's all that's going on in these parts. I know I keep talking about how everything is changing right now, but man, it is just crazy.

post signature

5 comments:

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...

I'm so glad your grandfather is doing better, that sounds so scary!and the apartment thing is a painnnn we're about to start apartment searching and I'm not happy about it

Leslie said...

I'm glad your grandfather is doing better! What a scary situation :( And I totally feel your pain about that apartment, waiting is no fun!!

brooke lyn said...

thinking good thoughts for your apartment search, it's such a pain and extra good thoughts for your gpa !!!!

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

Apartment searching is fun until it begins tedious- and waiting is no fun at all. Sending good thoughts to you and your grandpa!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Good to hear your grandfather has improved, I know what it is like when we try to sit and write and things get in the way.

Hope you find an apartment soon, it is terrible when you think you have found on and then notice something like a smell and have to think do I want this place or not

Labels

#IHeartMyNailArt (1) Adulthood (2) Alyssa Said What? (2) April Fool's Day (1) Awards (2) BB Cream (1) Beauty and Skincare (3) Beer (1) Being That Guy (1) Blogging about Blogging (14) Bloggy Friends (5) Bravo (1) Bullying (1) Celebrities (4) China Glaze (1) Clothing (1) Cohabitating (1) Color Club (1) Confetti Friday (4) Dad (2) Dirty Sexy Politics (1) Dr Jart Skincare (1) Ella Fitzgerald (1) Entertainment (3) Essie (1) Family (6) Fathers Day (1) filibuster (1) Funny Stuff (1) Garrett (14) Giveaways (1) Guest Posts (1) Hall of Fame (10) Happy Things (2) Home Decor (2) Hope (1) Hot Topics (1) Inspiration (7) July (1) Kathryn (2) Kelly Blazek (1) Kelsey (1) Link Parties (6) Lists (1) Long Distance Relationships (1) Look Good (1) Mani Monday (2) Margaret Thatcher (1) Matthew Quick (1) Meghan McCain (1) Miley Cyrus (1) Millennials (1) Mom (1) Monday Thoughts (1) monthly recap (1) Mr Rogers (1) Nail Art (1) Nail Polish (2) NMB (2) Norfolk (1) OPI (1) Oscar Wilde (1) Outfit of the Day (1) Personal (18) Pictures of Me (3) Politics (2) Prince Harry (1) Quotes (8) Reaching My Goals (4) Real Life Friends (6) Reality Shows (3) Recipes (1) Relationship Thoughts (1) Sally Hansen (2) Shoes (1) Son of a Peach (1) Sponsors (1) Stevie (2) Stuff I Love (6) Sunday Currently (18) Sunday Musings (1) Sunday Social (1) Teen Mom (2) Texas (1) The Food Network Magazine (1) The Great Gatsby (1) The Office (3) The Real Housewives of New Jersey (1) The Silver Linings Playbook (1) The Wine Life (1) Thirsty Thursday Link-Up (2) Thursday Thoughts (5) Trayvon Martin (1) TV Shows I Love (6) Walgreens (1) Weekending (10) Weekly Roundup (24) Wendy Davis (1) Wesley (2) What I Read (2) What I Wish I Was Wearing (1) What I Wore (4)