Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ten Trends Our Kids Are Totally Going to Make Fun Of Us For

You know how, when you look at your moms old pictures from the 60s and 70s and 80s, with the bellbottoms and the huge hair, and you're all "omg mom, WTF IS THAT?"

Do you ever think about the fact that another 30 years, our kids are going to be making fun of us for the same stuff? I mean, not the exact same stuff, obviously. But stuff that we think is cool right now is NOT going to be cool in 30 years. I promise.


Naturally, I've compiled a list of all of the ridiculous trends we all love right now. For posterity, or whatever. You're welcome.

1) Chevron everything. 
You might feel cool and sexy and awesome when you left the house last Friday in your chevron dress, and if I saw you out, I probably complimented you on it. But I guarantee that your kids are going to see it in 30 years and say "did your dress get run over by a truck or something?? seriously."

2) Peplum.
 To me, peplum is one of those things that looks cool on everyone else, but I could never pull it off myself. And when we look back on it, we're going be like "why on earth did I accentuate the widest part of my body with that weird shirt thing?"

3) Bubble necklaces. 
There's just.... so much going on.

4) Neon anything. 
It's ridiculous enough as it is, and it'll be even MORE ridiculous when we tell our kids that OUR moms wore it when they were younger too. 

5) Obnoxious nail polish colors.
Your nails are blue? They're blue.

6) Ombre hair color. 
Oh, you haven't had any time for a root touch-up..... anytime in the last three years? 

7) Colored denim. 
You wore green pants? Really though?
(Not even lying, this is my favorite outfit ever.)

8) Chambray. 
"What the eff, mom? Did you live on a farm or something?" I can hear it now.

9) Leggings. 
Trust me, I'm as sad about this one as you are. Maybe by the time it's 2043 someone will have figured out how to make real pants more comfortable. OR we've realized that real pants are stupid and we don't really need them. That would be pretty cool. 

10) Vests.
Your body is cold... but not your arms? Oh okay, got it. Totally makes sense.

I'm not knocking any of these trends. I obviously wear most of them myself. I'm just saying, by the time we have kids and they're all grown up, they're going to think we all looked ridiculous. YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE.

I wonder what clothes WILL look like in 30 years. Do you think we'll dress like Zenon? That was set in 2049, and I gotta say, I would be okay with wearing silver tights all the time. Or the Jetsons? Judy always looked adorable.


Sooo, what do you think? Do you think our kids will make fun of the way we dressed? Did I miss anything? Is there a trend right now that you just don't "get?"

post signature

Check out one of the sweetest (literally! get it?) bloggers I know, Leslie!

13 comments:

Rachel said...

Lol Zenon... I definitely thought that's what we would be wearing now back when I saw that movie

Lauren said...

Now I can't un-see tire tracks when I look at chevron. Peplum looks awful on me, too. I bet lace and ruffles will be out again soon so if we see it in 30 years, we will wonder why we started dressing like grandmas so young. For the record, I just bought a 2nd lace top this weekend and I currently think ruffles make every shirt better.

said...

lol, great list! I do not get peplum in the slightest. Could there be a more unflattering thing to wear? lol

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...

I WANNA DRESS LIKE ZENON!

also peplum doesn't work on me either

Leslie said...

Yes, yes, yes. Especially bubble necklaces, chevron and peplum I think! And I'd love to say leggings but seeing as our moms wore them, too, they might stay around.

City Life Attempter said...

I totally forgot about Zenon!! But, I'd be so down for wearing silver leggings! haha

Carly @ The Pinot Project said...

This post is amazing. I just don't get the peplum. I won't even attempt it.

All of the weird crap we wear today will come back around, again, I'm sure. I freaking loved neon and stirrup pants (those were the shit in the 80s and 90s).

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Well it is the job of all parents to embarrass their children at some point in their lives, not that I find much wrong with these items

Savannah said...

I agree with all of these!! Peplum and ombre especially. I could never pull off peplum nor would I want to try. i think about this too…sometimes when I feel like I'm having a really cute day I'm like "in 15 years this is going to probably be the worst outfit ever". Not sure why i knock myself down a notch like that haha

Erin said...

OH MY GOD I was just thinking about this the other day! Hilarious. The ombre and the chevron and the bubble necklaces are at the top of the list.

Veronica Lee Burns said...

bahaha this is so true!

Anonymous said...

Love your outfit with the green pants!!!! sooo cute! I'm with you on the peplum...I just don't think I could do it.

Stevie C said...

You have REALLY good hair.

Labels

#IHeartMyNailArt (1) Adulthood (2) Alyssa Said What? (2) April Fool's Day (1) Awards (2) BB Cream (1) Beauty and Skincare (3) Beer (1) Being That Guy (1) Blogging about Blogging (14) Bloggy Friends (5) Bravo (1) Bullying (1) Celebrities (4) China Glaze (1) Clothing (1) Cohabitating (1) Color Club (1) Confetti Friday (4) Dad (2) Dirty Sexy Politics (1) Dr Jart Skincare (1) Ella Fitzgerald (1) Entertainment (3) Essie (1) Family (6) Fathers Day (1) filibuster (1) Funny Stuff (1) Garrett (14) Giveaways (1) Guest Posts (1) Hall of Fame (10) Happy Things (2) Home Decor (2) Hope (1) Hot Topics (1) Inspiration (7) July (1) Kathryn (2) Kelly Blazek (1) Kelsey (1) Link Parties (6) Lists (1) Long Distance Relationships (1) Look Good (1) Mani Monday (2) Margaret Thatcher (1) Matthew Quick (1) Meghan McCain (1) Miley Cyrus (1) Millennials (1) Mom (1) Monday Thoughts (1) monthly recap (1) Mr Rogers (1) Nail Art (1) Nail Polish (2) NMB (2) Norfolk (1) OPI (1) Oscar Wilde (1) Outfit of the Day (1) Personal (18) Pictures of Me (3) Politics (2) Prince Harry (1) Quotes (8) Reaching My Goals (4) Real Life Friends (6) Reality Shows (3) Recipes (1) Relationship Thoughts (1) Sally Hansen (2) Shoes (1) Son of a Peach (1) Sponsors (1) Stevie (2) Stuff I Love (6) Sunday Currently (18) Sunday Musings (1) Sunday Social (1) Teen Mom (2) Texas (1) The Food Network Magazine (1) The Great Gatsby (1) The Office (3) The Real Housewives of New Jersey (1) The Silver Linings Playbook (1) The Wine Life (1) Thirsty Thursday Link-Up (2) Thursday Thoughts (5) Trayvon Martin (1) TV Shows I Love (6) Walgreens (1) Weekending (10) Weekly Roundup (24) Wendy Davis (1) Wesley (2) What I Read (2) What I Wish I Was Wearing (1) What I Wore (4)